If you are like most People, your car, truck or SUV is essential to your daily life. You take care of it and take care to avoid damage. But accidents happen, and you need to know you are protected from loss. Here at Bethesda General insurance agency in Silver Spring, Maryland, we have helped hundreds of auto insurance policy holders. Whether you reside in Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA) or Washington (DC) we know your auto insurance guidelines so we can help you plan your coverage and avoid costly mistakes down the road.
Auto insurance is your protection from the financial loss incurred because of an automobile accident. Your car insurance policy will define exactly how your insurance company will handle your losses when you submit a claim.
Generally, auto insurance coverage types include property, liability and medical.
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for injuries someone else suffers in an auto accident if you are at fault.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) covers injuries suffered by you and/or your passengers during an accident.
- Property damage liability covers damage you caused to someone else’s property.
- Collision coverage pays for damages to your own vehicle because of an accident.
- Comprehensive insurance covers your loss when you experience theft or damage to your car from something other than collision.
- Uninsured / Under-insured Motorist coverage reimburses the driver of your car who is hit by a hit-and-run or uninsured driver. It also covers you when an under-insured driver’s insurance does not sufficiently cover your loss.