Covering your business vehicles against losses is an important part of your business insurance portfolio. Many variations and options exist to assure that you have the right coverage for your vehicles for your particular operation. Here at the Bethesda General Insurance Agency in Silver Spring, Maryland, we know the guidelines and we can help you sort out the options and create a policy that perfectly fits your needs.
It is important that your commercial auto insurance policy carry the same basic coverages that you carry on your personal vehicle insurance. They usually include:
- Comprehensive coverage – pays for theft or damage to your car caused by something other than a collision.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your business automobile during an accident.
- Liability coverage – covers damage that you cause to someone else’s vehicle or property.
- Personal Injury protection – pays for injuries to you and your passengers and can cover lost wages, medical payments and even funeral expenses.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – further pays when an at-fault driver’s insurance is not sufficient to cover your loss.
Even though the basic coverages are much the same as your personal auto coverages, a policy for business vehicles differs in many ways, and there are many possible variations and options, depending upon your business circumstances and needs.
For business-owned vehicles, it is important to show the name of the business on the commercial auto insurance policy as the ‘principal insured’, especially if you use the car for both business and personal transportation. By doing so, if someone files a claim against you or you must file a claim, there will be no confusion.
With the many options and variations you have to consider for business vehicle coverage, you will find that the experienced representatives at Bethesda General Insurance can make the process of purchasing commercial auto insurance an easy one. So contact us today to discuss your needs.